Billing and Collection Manager
MJ Freeway is growing quickly in a fast paced, nascent industry, and we’re looking for a Billing and Collection Manager to join our Finance Team. This position is responsible overseeing and streamlining billing and collection operations. This fulltime position will report directly to the Finance Controller. We are a hard-working team seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, innovative, and dedicated to doing the right thing and being part of the solution.
- Review subscriptions accuracy by creating and/or using existing reports in Sales Force and Zuora.
- Lead accounts receivables review for past due balances with cross functional departments such as Sales, Onboarding, and Support.
- Develop tools (policies and instructions) to be used for future growth of the billing and collection department.
- Exercise sound judgement and provide good customer service while protecting company assets – right to collect.
- Establish key performance metrics for the department.
- Perform month end related tasks on billing and collection cycle including but not limited to completing all cancellations, billing adjustment and posting payments.
- Provide useful comments on past due accounts and assess collectability for bad debt provision.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of University Degree and 3+ years of experience in similar job function.
- System savvy and able to be trained at the administrative level of hands on skill in Zuora billing system; to create and modify subscriptions, invoicing and payments Sales Force and Zuora super user/ Administrator experience or other subscription / SaaS billing system is a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands on skill in managing billing and collection function in a SaaS environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely; strong oral and writing skills and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, deadline and results driven.
- Ability to produce standard and ad-hoc reports accurately and of high quality.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Advanced user of Excel, Word and computer fundamentals.
- Ability to work under deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail.
- Dependable and able to work independently.
- Be resourceful and willing to take extra steps to ensure most ultimate outcome.
About MJ Freeway
MJ Freeway® is the industry-leading software, consulting, and data solution for cannabis businesses, processing $5B in cannabis sales transactions and serving clients in every regulated market in the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia. Founded in 2010 and designed and built specifically for cannabis businesses, MJ Freeway’s technology includes a patented seed to sale supply chain ERP Platform which leverages sophisticated business intelligence insights. MJ Freeway’s Leaf Data Systems software solution enables governments to track cannabis, prevent diversion, and ensure patient, public, and product safety. MJ Freeway also offers a complete suite of consulting services for new and existing cannabis businesses.
MJ Freeway LLC offers 100% company-paid medical insurance, unlimited time off (with approval) and a positive work environment where we live by three principles:
- Do the right thing
- Be part of the solution
- Show people that you care
Job Type: Full-time
- Billing: 3 years
- Collections: 3 years
- Sales Force: 1 year
- Zuora: 1 year
- Denver, CO