Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in human health, security, environment, and energy. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Battelle’s Behavioral Health Research Group is currently seeking a part-time Clinical Research Physician. This position is located in Baltimore, Maryland. This role will have an emphasis on substance abuse/health research.
We are seeking a highly qualified individual with existing or emerging leadership in clinical research with medical training and expertise. The selected candidate must have demonstrated experience in the medical oversight of clinical research studies and have past experience contributing to the successful implementation of studies supported by NIH grants and contracts. This individual is a significant contributor to the planning and conduct of research and development (R&D) programs to ensure the medical health and wellbeing of research participants. The selected candidate will be a contributor to an existing grant and contract research portfolio working among and with a staff of PhD, MS, RN and BS level scientists who are conducting on-going research currently directed at understanding the behaviors associated with tobacco and marijuana use and the consequent exposure to smoke-delivered toxins.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the growth and development of an expanding research program (both the tobacco and marijuana research and associated areas of interest), through their medical expertise. The candidate will also consult with management and other scientists on long-range planning pertaining to new or projected areas of clinical research growth in the field of substance abuse research.
- Provides subject matter expertise in medicine for all clinical research studies during the design and implementation phases of study protocols
- Conducts physical, oral and other clinical assessments, with prospective and enrolled participants for research purposes only, as required by study protocols
- Assists the study RN and study Principal Investigator, as needed, in determining participant eligibility for study enrollment and completion
- Conduct follow-up calls/exams with research participants as may be specified by study protocols
- In coordination with the study RN, respond to unanticipated and adverse events, and other medical emergencies as may arise
- Review and contribute to the development of new or the updating of current clinical laboratory SOPs
- Accountable for high quality deliverables, satisfied clients, and sound financial management
- Provides responsible, competent medical research advice to management
- Treat as highly confidential, all data and information collected as part of day-to-day research operations
- Performs other assigned duties
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships with clients and internal colleagues. Works effectively and collaboratively with researchers and support staff at varying levels within the organization
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Must be a MD, or DO licensed, have the abilty to be licensed to practice medicine in the state(s) of operations.
Requires being board certified, in the appropriate specialty. (Clinical Research, Pain Management, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Rheumatology or other related field)
At least 8 years of medical experience.
Must have experience ensuring high-quality, on-time deliverables in a fast-based environment and high management planning abilities.
Reguires high level of communication skills, verbal, written and presentation.
Must have the ability to work with electronic medical and data systems.
- At least 2 years of related research experience in the areas of tobacco, substance use/abuse, health behaviors or clinical science
- At least 0-3 years of medical/health experience in a hospital or clinic setting following completion of a residency program
- Experience ensuring high-quality, on-time deliverables in a fast-based environment
- Demonstrated experience supporting regulatory research preferred
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers