Reporting to the President, the Compliance Manager will ensure compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures, create process maps and supporting standard operating procedures (S.O.P.s), lead health and safety compliance, and be responsible for employee training for a cultivation facility located in Simsbury, CT. Company operates under the highest standards of professionalism. Meticulous attention to detail is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain thorough knowledge of state of Connecticut Medical Marijuana Program regulations.
- Manage essential operating records creation and retention.
- Create process maps and standard operating procedures for all critical processes.
- Lead the team in employing Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP’s) and Good Agricultural Processes (GAP’s) to achieve excellence in all company operations.
- Develop Quality Assurance standards for all critical processes, and assist department managers to ensure quality objectives are achieved.
- Perform regular audits of Quality Assurance processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Act as the site compliance coordinator with regulators and PalliaTech staff.
- Develop and maintain optimum work flow processes, and maximize productivity and efficiency using Six Sigma/Lean principles.
- Ensure workplace health and safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Develop and implement an annual employee training program.
- Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience in federal or state controlled substance regulatory compliance management.
- Experience in writing and training team members on implementation of S.O.P’s
- 2-3 years experience in lean management techniques.
- General knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and data management software, particularly EXCEL.
- Experience in staff training and development desired.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of processing and manufacturing tasks.
- Are at least 21 years of age.
- Have no felony convictions.
- Are willing to participate in an extensive background check.
- Are trustworthy and hardworking.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to focus; attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly.
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps.
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity.
- Absolute reliability and honesty.
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending and reaching
- Close visual focus required.
- Required to stand for extended periods of time, lifting of objects on a regular basis, and daily repetitive tasks
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for 100 feet
Curaleaf is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time