The Dispensary Associate is responsible for ensuring each Patient receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment. Assist Patients with their personal needs, maintain solid product knowledge, and always provide the highest level of customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide exceptional customer service in accordance with established standards.
- Develop and maintain rapport with our Patients, vendors, service providers and staff.
- Ensure Patients’ concerns and/or questions are solved and answered promptly and efficiently, and communicate Patient requests and/or problems to Manager when needed.
- Recommend, select and help locate the proper medicine for Patients depending on their individual needs and Physician Certification.
- Communicate the effects of different types of cannabis to Patients clearly and effectively.
- Ring up sales on Point of Sale System and process cash transactions.
- Ensure strict controls to protect organization assets at the direction of management.
- Set up and break down display cases daily. Assist in display maintenance and housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock, and participate in inventory counts.
- Facilitate the new membership and Patient renewal processes.
- Perform data entry and manage the Patient database.
- Dispensing medical cannabis in Medical Marijuana Use Registry.
- Answer phone calls and forward to the appropriate staff member.
- Book appointments for Patients for services they request.
- Maintain a current stock of Educational materials, new patient folders etc.
- Frequently maintain dispensary’s cleanliness, i.e. dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and sanitization.
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Perform other related work as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician, bank teller, or other work experience with strict compliance standards preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required.
- Must be 21 years old and pass criminal background check.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computing skills.
- Innate desire to achieve success and a work ethic to match.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve without direction.
- High level of integrity.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time