Cowen and Company is seeking an Associate to join its Consumer, Tobacco & Cannabis Equity Research team in New York.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Senior Research Analyst on many aspects of the research process including: building and maintaining financial models, performing financial analysis and due diligence, writing investment-driven research reports, developing and fielding industry surveys and undertaking a wide array of industry analyses and competitive assessments. The associate will have broad exposure to company managements, investor conferences, and the research process that professional investment analysts utilize to make investments and recommendations.
Read our full “Careers in Research” brochure here
The following are the minimum requirements for the position
- Undergraduate degree in business or a quantitative area if study with a strong GPA
- MBA, CFA, and/or CPA is a big plus
- Minimum of 2 – 4 years of experience in financial services (sell side, buy side, banking or PE) and/or in the coverage space
- Exceptionally strong financial modeling and Excel skills with a thorough understanding of financial statements, financial analysis, and the investment process. Such skills will be tested as part of the interview process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. As part of the interview process candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample
- Securities licensed preferred (series 7, 63, 86, 87)
- Proven ability to work well on teams, self-motivated, showing initiative, a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard
As part of its hiring process, Cowen verifies identity and eligibility to work in the United States as required by law. At this time, Cowen Group will not sponsor a new applicant for an employment visa for this position.
Cowen Inc. is a diversified financial services firm and, together with its consolidated subsidiaries, provides alternative asset management, investment banking, research, sales and trading and prime brokerage services through its two business segments: Cowen Investment Management and its affiliates make up the Company’s alternative investment segment, while Cowen and Company, a member of FINRA and SIPC, and its affiliates make up the Company’s broker-dealer segment. Cowen Investment Management provides alternative asset management solutions to a global client base and manages a significant portion of Cowen’s proprietary capital. Cowen and Company and its affiliates offer industry focused investment banking for growth-oriented companies, domain knowledge-driven research, a sales and trading platform for institutional investors and a comprehensive suite of prime brokerage services. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices worldwide. Cowen Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional information, visit www.cowen.com