The Weedmaps Listing Copywriter is responsible for writing and editing content that drives brand awareness and interest in cannabis products. This person will have stellar verbal and written communication skills and are adept at crafting informative and engaging content and copy that helps emphasize Weedmaps’ brand identity while maintaining brand integrity for our paid clients.
- Strong writer — Consistently produces compelling, engaging copy that is accurate and informational to our users.
- Time management — is able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and pivot to urgent requests.
- Detail oriented — Strong ability to proofread and edit copy.
- Enthusiastic about cannabis! — Is plugged into the industry, culture, science, and politics of cannabis. Knows the latest trends, studies, and when cannabis is in the headlines.
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct phone calls/interviews with Weedmaps’ clients
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, or comparable area of study
- Customer service and/or customer success experience
- Familiarity with the subject matter
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!