The Dispensary Associate is responsible for ensuring each Patient receives outstanding service by providing a positive and friendly environment. Assist Patients with their personal needs, maintain solid product knowledge, and always provide the highest level of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service in accordance with established standards.
- Develop and maintain rapport with our Patients, vendors, service providers and staff.
- Ensure Patients’ concerns and/or questions are solved and answered promptly and efficiently, and communicate Patient requests and/or problems to Manager when needed.
- Recommend, select and help locate the proper medicine for Patients depending on their individual needs and Physician Certification.
- Communicate the effects of different types of cannabis to Patients clearly and effectively.
- Ring up sales on Point of Sale System and process cash transactions.
- Ensure strict controls to protect organization assets at the direction of management.
- Set up and break down display cases daily. Assist in display maintenance and housekeeping.
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock, and participate in inventory counts.
- Facilitate the new membership and Patient renewal processes.
- Perform data entry and manage the Patient database.
- Dispensing medical cannabis in Medical Marijuana Use Registry.
- Answer phone calls and forward to the appropriate staff member.
- Book appointments for Patients for services they request.
- Maintain a current stock of Educational materials, new patient folders etc.
- Frequently maintain dispensary’s cleanliness, i.e. dusting, glass cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping and sanitization.
- Maintain a positive work environment conducive to trust and respect.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Perform other related work as required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician, bank teller, or other work experience with strict compliance standards preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail, cash handling and Point of Sales (POS) experience required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience in medical cannabis industry highly desirable, but not required.
- Must be 21 years old and pass criminal background check.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computing skills
- Innate desire to achieve success and a work ethic to match*
- Ability to critically think and problem solve without direction* *
- High level of integrity*
Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, credit card machine, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Job Type: Full-time
- High school