About the Company
Paragon Coin Inc is a technology company that combines two of the most promising industries in the 21st century; Blockchain & Cannabis. We are building an online platform that will cover all aspects of the cannabis supply chain, from seed to sale all the way through governmental application, including taxation. Our offline platform is an all-inclusive co-working, incubator, and accelerator for the cannabis start-up community. We will continue to be a driving force for cannabis through technology.
About the Position
Exceptional opportunity in a cryptocurrency/ blockchain/ cannabis startup for an organized and skilled Operations Manager. Responsibilities include oversight of human resources, ensuring the company is compliant, team building, creating, implementing, and managing business practices, policies, and procedures, actively seeking growth opportunities for the company and team, and facilities management.
A successful candidate will have business acumen, excellent communication skills, a teamwork approach, efficient prioritization, the ability to oversee multiple varying functions and meet strict deadlines. We are growing quickly and need someone who is a project manager at heart, able to own multiple processes while also assisting with the day-to-day management of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage staff, includes recruiting, hire, train and mentor, evaluate performance, recommend salary adjustments and career changes, recommend disciplinary counseling and terminations.
- Create and maintain HR compliance policies, including Company Handbook.
- Implement and manage onboarding process.
- Ensure all staff members are trained and cross-trained including successful completion of required compliance training.
- Administration of Payroll and Expense Tracking programs and benefits management, including collaborating with executives on spending, expense report, and benefits policies.
- Orchestrating and facilitating annual reviews
- Continually review process improvement for opportunities to enhance the different departments’ efficiency.
- Monitoring compliance and internal controls including processes for management of operations risk, and ensure compliance with regulatory standards and requirements
- Planning and formulating Company goals and objectives.
- Prepare reports and recommendations relating to operations for management.
- Utilize trade journals, attend local trade association meetings, and generally keep abreast.
- Seek out industry related conventions, conferences, and speaking opportunities for our team.
- Communication and maintenance with all vendors/operational vendors, managing real estate facilities
- May on occasion travel to other company locations to assist in setting up new offices/ spaces.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Competencies and character that have been identified as relevant include: Ethics and Integrity, Confidentiality and Discretion, Listening, Business Acumen, Action-oriented/ Proactive, Managing Time & Priorities, Flexibility and Adaptability, Drive for Results, Industry Knowledge, Quality Decision Making, Executing and Informing,
- Establishes clear directions and performance expectations with employees
- Good at figuring out the processes necessary and most efficient to get things done
- Knows how to organize people, tasks, and activities into an efficient workflow
- Is able to write clearly and succinctly
- Prioritizes and works on multiple tasks efficiently while maintaining high-quality work results
- Works well in cooperation with others for the benefit of the company
- Responds well to constructive critique from manager and peers
- Can effectively cope with change by shifting gears
- Can make decisions based on the knowledge at-hand with the ability to move on if the circumstances dictate
- Extraordinary problem-solving skills with a proven track record of making things happen
- Comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
Education – High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience – 2+ years of direct experience with operations and considerable knowledge of production management technology and methodology preferred
Experience – 2+ years in Human Resources, or applicable education
Experience – 3+ years in supervision or closely related experience
Technical Security knowledge
Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or related field of study.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations: 2 years
- Human Resources: 2 years