Pay: Starting at $14 per hour
Hours: 8am – 4:30pm
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Northeast San Diego County (Santa Ysabel)
- You will be asked a few questions during the application process. We do review all of your answers, so please take the time to answer all of the questions. We receive a large number of applicants, so completing these questions will help you stand-out and increase your chances of being selected for an interview.
- Our regulations require that you must be at least 21 years of age to work at our facility.
- The job site is located in Santa Ysabel, CA. We have found that this is a far commute for many applicants. Prior to applying, please map the directions from your house to ensure you are comfortable with the commute.
- Please read this job posting in its entirety to ensure you understand the position for which you are applying.
We are a licensed/permitted cultivator of medical cannabis and looking to hire several Trimmers for our Processing Department. This is a great opportunity, with a growing company, in a state-of-the-art facility! With our high expectations comes high rewards – great pay, benefits and time-off package, and opportunities for growth and advancement.
To trim, manicure and prepare cannabis products in the variety, size, and quality prescribed by company and department standards.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position requires the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed below. These functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
- Maintain sanitation control per company policy.
- Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Processing Department and QA sanitation standards.
- Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
- Work in an environment that includes continuous duties in warm trimming rooms and storage areas (relatively high humidity) with occasional duties in storage areas maintained at temperatures as low as 60 degrees (Fahrenheit).
- Follow approved procedures for receiving, preparing, storing, arranging, and manicuring product to ensure quality, accuracy and product rotation and protection.
- Handle waste products per company policy.
- Utilize and maintain equipment as required by department; report any equipment problems immediately.
- Complete all applicable department training programs.
- Stand or sit at workstation for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and meet minimum quality and production metrics.
- Participate in daily stretch routines several times a day.
- Dress and groom per company policy including uniform and hair restraint requirements.
- Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable nitrile gloves when handling product.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
- Work overtime as assigned.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and occasionally lift up-to 35 lbs.
- Ability to stay focused while performing repetitive tasks.
- Ability to work in varying temperatures.
- Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products without negative allergic consequences.
- Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
- Ability to operate trimming equipment such as scissors, knives and cutters.
- Ability to stand/walk/sit for the duration of a scheduled shift.
- Ability to interact with co-workers in a friendly and helpful way.
- Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
If you want to love your job and the company you work for, please apply to this posting with your resume in word doc format. Prior cannabis, clean room assembly, or lab experience is helpful, but not required. We are open to training the right individuals that are trainable, hard-working, and passionate about the industry. If offered a position, you will be required to pass a thorough criminal background check. We look forward to receiving your resume and application!
Keywords: trimmer, trim, processor, cannabis, marijuana, weed, pot, cultivation, grow, grower, indoor, outdoor, greenhouse