Trimming & Packaging Manager
The Trimming & Packaging Manager is responsible for managing the preparation of medical Cannabis products for distribution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing and monitoring all harvests, weights and measurements; presentation; and maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the trimming and processing area
- Manage inventory of bulk and prepackaged products. Set Up appropriate inventory levels, ensure proper quantity of packages/products to meet production requirements.
- Interview and train new associates; plan, assign and direct work; appraise performance; develop teams and team leads for results and retention.
- Manage schedules of staff.
- Making sure all Labeling and recording of inventory data into inventory tracking system is done in compliance with the State regulations.
- Responsible for Quality Control and maintenance of all trimming and packaging equipment.
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to; state compliance, security protocols, and access protocols
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to maximize productivity levels through efficiencies in human capital, reduction of material waste, and elimination of downtime; continue to develop and improve safety program and best practices
- Produce appropriate weekly and monthly reports to leadership team
- Liaison with logistics, dispensary operations staff
- Take instructions and help out on tasks delegated by the cultivation management team.
- Work in a fast-pace environment where major changes are made quickly
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must understand and implement the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Work history showing progressive responsibility, willingness to accept additional projects or challenges
- Experience in horticulture, botany, chemistry or related field preferred but not required
- Ability to manage all areas related to harvesting, drying, trimming and curing.
- Ability to manage a team of employees
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of trimming & packaging area.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required; 2-year management experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge & comfort with basic computer & office equipment operations (inventory systems; Word; Excel; office equipment such as copiers/telephone systems)
- Math required for inventory, projections, and measurements
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to focus; attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and calmly
- Skills at using computers, web browsers, Google Apps
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity
- Absolute reliability and honest
- Extended time standing, sitting, walking, bending and reaching
- Close visual focus required
- This position requires the extended and repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers to cut and manipulate small objects
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds for a distance of 100 feet
Curaleaf is an Equal Employment Employer
Job Type: Full-time